Last Revised: February 8, 2016
Collection of Information
- Personal Information: “Personal Information” is information that identifies you and may include your name, address, email address, telephone or fax number, company or organization name, zip code, IP address, and any other information that you may provide us that identifies you. If you contact us by email or phone, complete our registration forms, surveys, or entry forms, subscribe to our services or newsletters, or participate in any of our contests or sweepstakes, we will ask you for Your Information.
- Sources of Personal Information: We collect Personal Information that you provide on the JesusBeat Website or through other sources like postal mail, telephone, or fax. We may add this information to the information we already have collected from you via JesusBeat websites in order to provide you with JesusBeat products and services, and to improve the products and services we provide.
- Information Collected Automatically: When you visit JesusBeat websites, we automatically collect and analyze certain information about your computer. This information includes, but may not be limited to, the IP address used to connect your computer to the Internet, information about your browser type and language, the date and time you are accessing the website, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us, and the referring website address.
- Registration Data: Registration data is voluntary personal information provided directly by you in order to receive optional access to certain services or Website areas, and which may include information such as your name, age, email address, zip code, and/or telephone number. In addition, registration data may include preference information such as usernames, passwords, desired newsletters, etc. Here are some of the way we might use Your Information in this context:
- To deliver services such as newsletters, offers, message boards, forums, and other items;
- To help us create and deliver the content that is most relevant to you;
- To alert you to news, events, contests, and other items if you so request;
- To allow you entrance into restricted areas of the Website, as appropriate;
- To send you information about JesusBeat and our Websites;
- To compile statistics and conduct basic research; and
- Online Commerce Services: The JesusBeat Websites offer online commerce services. By using a customer order form to request information, products, and services, we will ask you to give us contact information (e.g., name or email address), financial information (e.g., account or credit card numbers), and demographic information (e.g., zip code or age). We will use the financial information that you provide to bill you for products and services. By giving JesusBeat your credit card and related personal information, you are authorizing JesusBeat to use that financial and credit card information in order to confirm and fulfill your order. We will use contact information from the order form to fulfill your orders. We may also use contact data to get in touch with you when necessary. We will not otherwise use or distribute your financial information without your prior approval.
- Combining Information: Please note that all of the information we collect about you may be combined, including to help us tailor our communications to you and to develop rich online content and services across JesusBeat websites.
- Public Forums: JesusBeat websites make online forums available to its users (e.g., blog). Any information you disclose in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information in these areas (e.g., leaving comment in blog post). We cannot safeguard the privacy of such information you choose to disclose online in this manner, and you must do so carefully and at your own risk.
- Cookies and Other Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information about you and your organization’s activities on a JesusBeat website:
- Cookies: When you visit a JesusBeat website, we may assign your computer one or more “cookies.” A cookie is a small text file that contains information that can later be read by us to facilitate your access to the site and personalize your online experience. In addition, through the use of a cookie, we may automatically collect information about your online activity on the JesusBeat website, such as web pages you visit, links you click, and searches you conduct. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies by visiting the “Help” portion of your browser’s toolbar. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to use some of the interactive features offered on JesusBeat websites.
- Banner Advertising: We license ad-server software from another company to place banner advertising on our Websites. All of the data provided and generated by such software will remain in our possession and no data will be transferred to the licensor of the software. This feature of our Websites may, on occasion, set cookies on your computer. Any information collected or stored by the ad-service or the cookies is treated in the same manner as other information as described in this statement.
- Other Technologies: We use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons (also called clear GIFs or pixel tags) and other similar technologies, to deliver or communicate with cookies to track your use of JesusBeat websites. We also may include web beacons in e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer and measure the overall effectiveness of our online content, advertising campaigns, and the products and services offered through the site.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- Uses by JesusBeat: We use Personal Information collected through JesusBeat websites for statistical and analytical purposes, for improving JesusBeat websites, and for marketing purposes. Specifically, we use this information to provide you JesusBeat products and services, send you further information regarding JesusBeat, and to better collect information that allows us to analyze and improve the features and performance of JesusBeat websites and our other products and services. Unless you affirmatively elect not to receive (“opt out”) communications from us, Personal Information we collect from you may be used to respond to inquiries you submit to us; administer your membership with us; facilitate your access to JesusBeat resources and materials; send you general informative announcements, electronic newsletters, and marketing-related emails about us or our products and services or about members of JesusBeat programs or their products and services; and aid us in serving you better. At the bottom of every newsletter or general informative email we send you, you will be given the opportunity to opt-out or unsubscribe from future email communications.
- Information Shared with Third Parties: We allow third-party companies to collect certain information when you visit our Websites for their own use and subject to their own privacy policies. These companies may utilize cookies, pixels, or other technologies to collect and use non-personally identifiable information during your visits to this and other JesusBeat websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you.
- Sale of Our Company: JesusBeat may include information we collect through its Websites in our customer (membership) information database. This database is considered an asset owned by JesusBeat. As in any business venture, the sale of JesusBeat is always a possibility, either as an entire corporate entity or through an asset sale that may include our customer information database. Should another entity ever purchase or acquire JesusBeat or its assets, all information contained in our customer information database will be considered a transferred asset and become the property of the purchasing or acquiring entity.
Updating and Deleting Personal Data
- Correcting and Updating: You may correct or update your registration data by either signing into your online account or by using the “Contact Us” link/form on our Website to submit such request.
- Delete/Deactivate/Opt-Out of Email Subscriptions: You may delete or deactivate your account or request not to receive emails from us by either signing into your online account and updating your subscriptions, clicking the “unsubscribe” link from the bottom of any email you receive from us, or by using the “Contact Us” link on our Website and submitting a request to delete/deactivate your account or be removed from our database. JesusBeat will comply with all such requests within a reasonable period of time.
The security and confidentiality of Your Information is extremely important to us. JesusBeat has implemented technical and organizational security measures (consistent with standard industry practice) to help protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of Personal Information. We review our systems regularly to help ensure that the security and integrity of Personal Information in our possession is not compromised. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be entirely secure, and we do not assume any liability for any damage suffered by you caused by the interception, alteration, or misuse of information during transmission that is outside of our reasonable control.
JesusBeat websites contain business-related content and are specifically aimed at and designed for use by adults. Consistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, we do not knowingly solicit or collect Personal Information from or about individuals under the age of thirteen (13) years other than from JesusBeat members that provide such information to us as part of a JesusBeat service. If we discover that we have received Personal Information from an individual whom we believe to be under the age of 13 in some other manner, we will delete such information from our systems. In the event that a child posts personal information in a public forum (such as a blog post comment), we will attempt to delete that information once we become aware of it.
- European Union and Other Foreign Nations: The JesusBeat Website is governed by and operated in accordance with the laws of the United States of America and is intended for enjoyment of residents of the United States. JesusBeat makes no representation that this Website is governed by or operated in accordance with the laws of other nations. By using this Website and submitting Your Information, visitors from outside of the United States acknowledge that this Website is subject to U.S. law, consent to the transfer of personal data to the U.S. and waive any claims that may arise under their own national laws.
- In Summary: We understand your privacy is important to you. Accordingly, we do not sell, trade, or rent Your Information to others subject to the provisions listed above. Please note, however, that JesusBeat may use Your Information and may disclose it to select third-party vendors as described in the above provisions. If you never want to receive any announcements or special offers from us, please contact us by clicking the “Contact Us” link on our Website.